Foreign Labor Certification Program

The Foreign Labor Certification Program supports the hiring of foreign workers by Montana employers. The purpose of this program is to educate and assist Montana employers in obtaining qualified workers. If qualified U. S. workers are not available, the Workforce Services Division assists the employer in the process of obtaining foreign workers. Any U. S. employer who would like to apply for a foreign worker(s) is eligible to apply.

H-2A temporary labor certification (agricultural)

The H-2A labor certification program establishes a means for agricultural employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers to bring nonimmigrant foreign workers to the U.S. to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature. (read more about H-2A and access forms)

H-2B temporary labor certifications (Nonagricultural)

The H-2B labor certification program establishes a means for U.S. nonagricultural employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers, to bring temporary nonimmigrant foreign workers into the U.S. H-2B eligibility requires that the job and the U.S. employer's need for the foreign worker be of a temporary nature. The need must be for one year or less and can be either a one-time occurrence, seasonal, peak-load or intermittent.

To submit a request for an H-2B job order, complete the H-2B Job Order Request Form and send it to the Foreign Labor Program Manager. (read more about H-2B and access forms)

The Workforce Services Division is the state agency that administers the FLC Program in Montana. Funding, oversight, and processing is provided by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration.

Contact Information

Kathleen Johnson, Program Manager
Workforce Services Division
PO Box 1728
Helena, MT 59624-1728
Phone: (406) 444-2981