MSEC is pleased to announce the winners of MSEC's 2019 Employer of Choice Awards. Congratulations to the following award winners: Bozeman Anderson ZurMeuhlen, Under 25 Employees; Buffalo Restoration® - Bozeman, 25 to 50 Employees; and Foundant Technologies, 50+ Employees. Click here to view MSEC's Awards/Scholarships page and to read about the award winners.
Montana State Employer Council's (MSEC) collaboration with business and community leaders across the state is supported by Job Service Employer Committees (JSECs) in 23 Montana communities. The council is made up of a representative from each local JSEC, serving as a liaison between employers and Job Service Montana staff. Annual meetings offer an opportunity for JSEC representatives to gather and discuss pertinent, local issues; set MSEC goals; conduct trainings; and ensure that Montana's workforce development system continues to be responsive to the needs of state employers and business communities.
MSEC Mission Statement
- Promote increased utilization Montana Department of Labor & Industry's Workforce Services Division.
- Advise the Workforce Services Division of employer needs and concerns.
- Support the Workforce Services Division and US Employment Service to fulfill their mandate.
- Serve as a communication and resource linkage to share and disseminate information, directives and ideas between Montana employers, local Job Service Employers' Committees (JSEC), Workforce Services Division, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Assist local JSEC committees to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Seek solutions to employment, training, and related issues in need of statewide or national attention.
How is MSEC structured?
Generally the Chairperson/President for a local JSEC automatically serves on the MSEC committee as part of their duties. If the JSEC Chairperson/President cannot attend the annual MSEC meeting he/she can appoint another local JSEC member to serve as their voting representative at the meeting. MSEC meets as a full Council once a year, while the Executive Board meets more frequently. In addition to representatives from local JSECs statewide sitting on the MSEC committee, the Executive Board consists of the elected officers of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer as well as Past Chairperson.
What does this mean to you as a JSEC member?
If you serve on a local JSEC and are the Chairperson/President you will be a part of the MSEC Board. As a MSEC Board member you will represent your local JSEC and attend the annual meeting. A JSEC Chairperson/President will also work with the JSEC committee to suggest or nominate JSEC members for annual MSEC awards as needed. The JSEC Chairperson/President will function as a liaison for MSEC and their local JSEC to educate and update JSEC committee members about MSEC. If you are not a Chairperson/President but serve on a local JSEC committee you are welcome to attend the annual meetings and trainings to stay involved in MSEC happenings. All JSECs are encouraged to use the MSEC website (http://wsd.dli.mt.gov/msec/default.asp) as a resource for their local JSEC.
How is MSEC involved in the community and with local JSECs?
- Supports JMG (Jobs for Montana Graduates) by providing funding for JMGs annual trip to Washington, D.C.
- Annually gives awards to JSEC members and a local JSEC to distinguish those recognized by peers for their work and contributions to the community and their local JSEC.
- Works with local JSECs to provide scholarship opportunities for high school students awarding students annually.
- Recognizes a Montana business as an Employer of Choice by collaborating with local JSECs throughout Montana to gather nominations and award businesses annually.
- MSEC provides resources for training to all local JSECs.
So that we might be able to better meet your needs and continuously improve our site, we'd like your feedback on this web page. Please contact us with your comments and questions.
Glendive Medical Center
Director of Human Resources
202 Prospect Drive
Glendive, MT 59330
Tanner Woodward, State Coordinator
Montana Department of Labor and Industry
P.O. Box 1728
Helena, MT 59624
Telephone: (406) 444-1620
Fax: (406) 444-3037