|Missoula Job Service » Job Seekers » Veteran Services|
The Montana Department of Labor provides Veterans with Priority of Service
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Rose Park
Please feel free to utilize all of the Missoula Job Service resources and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
- Job Referrals via Email: Please ensure that your Job Service registration is completed as thoroughly as possible. Use keywords and/or short job titles from the industry you are pursuing in your "Jobs Interested In" section. This will enable you to receive more appropriate job notifications via e-mail.
- Resource Room: Please feel free to utilize the computers, printers, fax machine and copy machine for your job search.
- Workshops: Basic Computer Skills, Navigating Job Service Website, Job Search for Mature Workers, Effective Networking, Interviewing Basics, Soft Skills for Job Seekers. Monthly schedule available upon request. Sign up at the front desk or call 406-728-7060 to reserve a spot!
- Cover Letter and Resume Assistance: If you have a resume and would like someone to review it, or if you need help building one, please feel free to come in during the walk-in hours (The best times to come in for a one-on-one are before 11:00 a.m. or after 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday). There are also "Resume Tips" and samples available in the resource room, on the list of Veteran Resources above, or online under Job Seeker Resources.
- Mock Interviews: The Employment Specialists conduct practice interviews by appointment using the STAR method of Behavioral Interviewing. If you're interested in scheduling a mock interview, please let the front desk know, or call the Employment Specialist Supervisor at 406-542-5750 with your availability.
If you have a service connected disability or significant barriers to employment (SBE*) that you would like to discuss with the Disabled Veterans Outreach Program, please feel free to make an appointment (Everyone has access to the DVOP calendar).
*SBE include a service connected disability; homelessness; a recently separated service member who at any point in the previous 12 months has been unemployed for 27 or more consecutive weeks; an offender who is currently incarcerated or has been released from incarceration; lacking a high school diploma or equivalent certificate; low income; Wounded Warriors and Veterans ages 18 - 24.
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK?
Please "LIKE" the Missoula Job Service and Joining Community Forces -- Missoula Region.
The MISSOULA JOB SERVICE is the EMPLOYMENT "SERVICE AREA" LEADER for "JCF!"
JCF posts: Veteran events, organizations, updates, services and resources available in the Missoula Region (Serving Granite, Mineral, Missoula and Ravalli Counties).