Which Posters are Required and Where do I Obtain Them?
The Montana Department of Labor and Industry has responded to employers' needs by making it easier to obtain posters mandated by laws for posting.
Posters required by federal law to be posted in each worksite:
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family Medical Leave Act (employers with 50 or more employees)
- FMLA Poster Insert for Military Family Leave Amendments
- Federal Minimum Wage (must be displayed on an employee bulletin board)
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (does not apply to public employers)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program (Effective March 15, 2010 for H-2A Employers only)
Where to obtain? There are a variety of ways to obtain required posters at no cost.
Through your local Job Service Workforce Center
A large all-in-one poster that incorporates five of the required posters may be obtained at no cost to you by contacting your local Job Service Workforce Center. To locate your nearest Job Service check the Job Service Center Directory. Ask to speak with a Workforce Consultant.
Downloadable from the Internet
General information on required posters, including posters of special interest to federal contractors, can be found at www.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/main.htm
Employers with Internet access and Adobe Acrobat Reader can download the required posters directly from the sites listed:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- Spanish EEO Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/minwagep.pdf
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA) Poster
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program Poster - English | Spanish
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) (pdf)
- Montana Clean Indoor Air Act (Available from the Dept. of Public Health & Human Services)
- Montana Minimum Wage Poster - English | Spanish
(Employers are not required to post the Montana Minimum Wage Poster)
OR, call the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, 406-444-2645 or 406-444-4100 for more information about getting employment posters at no cost.
Other "posters" required by Montana law to be posted on an employee bulletin board:
- Proof of Unemployment Insurance Coverage
- Proof of Workers' Compensation Coverage
These documents are only available through the agencies providing your Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Insurance coverage.
There is NOT a Prevailing Wage Poster; however, the Public Contracts/Prevailing Wage law does require the appropriate and applicable prevailing wage rates be posted by the contractor performing work or providing construction services in a prominent and accessible location on the project site.