Which Posters are Required and Where do I Obtain Them?
The Montana Department of Labor and Industry has responded to employers' needs by making it easier to obtain posters mandated by laws for posting.
Posters required by federal law to be posted in each worksite:
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Family Medical Leave Act (employers with 50 or more employees)
- FMLA Poster Insert for Military Family Leave Amendments
- Federal Minimum Wage (must be displayed on an employee bulletin board)
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (does not apply to public employers)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program (Effective March 15, 2010 for H-2A Employers only)
Where to obtain? There are a variety of ways to obtain required posters at no cost.
Through your local Job Service
A large all-in-one poster that incorporates five of the required posters may be obtained at no cost to you by contacting your local Job Service Office. To locate your nearest Job Service check the Job Service Directory. Ask to speak with a Workforce Consultant.
Downloadable from the Internet
General information on required posters, including posters of special interest to federal contractors, can be found at www.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/main.htm
Employers with Internet access and Adobe Acrobat Reader can download the required posters directly from the sites listed:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- Spanish EEO Poster www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) Poster www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/minwagep.pdf
- Job Safety and Health (OSHA) Poster https://www.osha.gov/Publications/poster.html
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
- Employee Rights Under the H-2A Program Poster - English | Spanish
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) (pdf)
- Montana Clean Indoor Air Act (Available from the Dept. of Public Health & Human Services)
- Montana Minimum Wage Poster English | Spanish (Employers are not required to post the Montana Minimum Wage Poster)
- Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors/$10.10 Poster.
OR, call the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, 406-444-2645 or 406-444-4100 for more information about getting employment posters at no cost.
Other "posters" required by Montana law to be posted on an employee bulletin board:
- Proof of Unemployment Insurance Coverage - Call the Department of Labor & Industry, Unemployment Insurance Division, at 406-444-3834 to obtain a copy of Unemployment Insurance coverage specific to your business.
- Proof of Workers' Compensation Coverage - Contact your Workers' Compensation provider for the appropriate document.
There is NOT a Prevailing Wage Poster; however, the Public Contracts/Prevailing Wage law does require the appropriate and applicable prevailing wage rates be posted by the contractor performing work or providing construction services in a prominent and accessible location on the project site.