Job Service Registration--Full Registration for Services
- When you register with Montana Job Service, you will receive enhanced services such as Job Matching. This is the process whereby Job Service Workforce Consultants may match you to incoming job opportunities based on your employment needs. By providing us with your work history, job interests and contact information, we can work for you and help you find the job you want. You only need to register with one (1) Montana Job Service Office or you may now Register Online. Once registered, you may then receive services from any of our Job Service offices statewide.
- When you register with us, we ask that you provide specific demographic and work history information about yourself to us. This information is then input to our computer database where Job Service staff can access it to match you with jobs. Your information is confidential. We do not share, rent or sell your personal information with any third parties except employers when you have authorized us to do so. If you are seeking work in your local area only, you will receive notices of job opportunities from local Job Service offices only. If you are seeking employment elsewhere and are willing to relocate, you may receive opportunities from Job Service offices statewide.
- To better address your needs, and provide you with the best possible service, we ask that you provide us with complete and accurate registration information. A complete work history, job interests, wage requirements and other employment related critieria are essential in helping us match you to the jobs you want.
- Your Registration profile remains active in our system as long as you have activity. Activity would include getting job referrals from Job Service Workforce Consultants, logging into your profile online and performing job searches, applying to listed jobs in our office and online, calling or visiting a local Job Service office and using our various services. Please note that if you are not able, or choose not to use our Montana Electronic Jobs System, you must make personal contact with a Job Service Staff Person to insure that your profile is kept up-to-date and active. Your profile is electronically monitored by our system for activity every 60-days. If within a 60-day period your profile does not show any activity, the system will automatically inactivate your profile. This means that you will not be considered for or matched to incoming job opportunities by Job Service Workforce Consultants until such time as your profile is re-activated.
- To help avoid having your Registration become inactive, please Respond to all postcards, emails or telephone messages we send to you regarding job opportunities. If for any reason your profile has gone to inactive status, simply call or visit your local Job Service office to have your profile re-activated.
- Please note that if your profile becomes inactive for a period of 18 months, your Registration profile will automatically be purged from our system and you will need to re-register with a Job Service office or Register Online if you want to again receive enhanced services.
Job Matching & Referrals
- Job Service Workforce Consultants match job openings with the most qualified and active applicants registered with Montana Job Service. If you are registered and we have a suitable job you might be interested in, we will contact you by phone, mail or e-mail with information about the job. Your correct and up-to-date contact information is essential on your registration profile in order to receive contact about our job listings.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to follow through on any referral instructions provided by Employment Consultants within any date/s specified to have the best opportunities at obtaining a specific job. Failure to respond to our contact attempts may result in the inactivation of your registration. Our Workforce Consultants continuously strive to assist you with getting the job you really want. Please help us to better serve you by contacting us whenever you have a change of mailing address, telephone number, email address or employment status.
- Remember!....You will need to contact a Montana Job Service Center, or use our online services at least every 60-days to keep your registration active. Inactive registrants will generally not be contacted with incoming job opportunity information.
- Workforce Consultants are available daily to assist you on a one-on-one, individual and personalized basis with your job searching, job matching, employment counseling, and other employment related activities such as resumé writing, skills testing, interviewing, career exploration, job training options and more!
Veteran's Services & Resources
Are you a recently discharged or former military veteran?
If so, we are proud to offer priority service to you!
If you are a Military Veteran seeking work, please schedule an appointment with our area's Veteran's Employment Representative.
Some of the services available to you include:
- Vocational Guidance & Assessment
- Resumé and Interviewing Assistance
- Job Development
- Job Placement
- Referrals to Veteran Supportive Service Agencies
- Training Resources
- Community Assistance Information
For more information contact your local Job Service