What is remote work?
- Remote work is an arrangement between a worker and their employer that allows individuals to work outside of a traditional office environment. It is based on the idea that work does not need to be done in a specific location in order to be successfully accomplished.
- This arrangement allows individuals flexibility to design their days so that both work and home lives can coexist and be experienced to their fullest potential. There continues to be a shift in what society deems an appropriate workplace - remote work capitalizes off on that notion.
How do people work remotely?
- The beauty of remote work is that it allows businesses and employees to create arrangements that makes the most sense for both.
- Some people have the opportunity to work remotely for the majority of the working week, but have to commute to in-person meetings at the office one day a week. On a typical day, these remote employees work from a home office or other location and can work from the company office when necessary.
- Others rely on coworking spaces where they can get their job done. Coworking spaces offer a work site, network connectivity, and opportunities to meet others who work in a multitude of industries. They can be utilized by people with full-time jobs, freelance careers, and even entrepreneurs who want to rent out an office space for themselves or their small staff. They are effectively a halfway point between a traditional office and a nontraditional workspace, providing both structure and flexibility.
Policies and Guidance
What you need to know as it relates to:
In the News
Other Information & Resources